- At Academy.Aero (“we”, “us”, or “our”), we remain committed to protect the personal data about our course participants and maintain a tight grip on data privacy and security. In an attempt to better explain
- User Consent
- Protecting minors’ privacy is a compelling concern for you, thus, by using our site, you certify that you are of the age of majority in your country of citizenship or residence.
Which Data Do We Collect
We may gather and process a variety of personal data depending on your interactions with our site and includes, among others:
- Identity Details: first name, surname, username, nationality, gender, age
- Contact Details: email, address, zip code, phone and mobile numbers
- Professional Details: occupation, job, position, industry
- Financial Details: payment card, payment account coordinates
- Transaction Details: details about sales transactions for use of our services
- Profile Details: username, feedback, survey responses, questionnaire answers
- Usage Details: information on how use our website and services
- Marketing and Communication Details: preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
- Technical Details: IP address, web browser, domain name, site traffic pattern
- Geolocation Details
How Do We Collect Data
Depending on the context, we collect personal data about you through several means, including:
- Direct Interactions
- Direct access, use and interaction with our content
- Subscription to our newsletter, marketing pool and email publications
- Direct communication and feedback shared with us or on our site
- Automatic Collection
- Browsing patterns and interests are automatically collected by using cookies and other similar tracking technologies.
What Do We Use Data For
We use personal data gathered for legitimate purposes only, such as:
- Contract Performance Purposes: account subscription, course enrollment, access to course content
- Communication Purposes: to communicate with you about our services and products, to respond to inquiries, to ask you to participate in surveys or leave any suggestions
- Analytical Purposes: to monitor and analyze trends in connection with our services and products, to perform market research, to process and implement an email database
- Content Administration and Improvement: to maintain and administer our online platform and its features, to improve site and course experience
- Marketing Purposes: to promote our services and products, to inform you about our upcoming services
- Compliance with Legal Obligations: to comply with any legal, regulatory or administrative regulation imposed upon us
To Whom Do We Disclose Data
In general and unless explicitly agreed to by our users, we do not share any personal data we have collected. However, we may share concerned data with designated persons below only on need-to-know basis and for legitimate purposes, as follows:
- For internal release with our related entities and affiliates
- For release with our external service providers
- For release with other entities whom we sell to any part of our business or merge with
- For compulsory release - we may also share your personal data for compliance with any applicable laws and regulations, or court orders and public authorities’ requests
How Do We Protect Personal Data
To protect the personal data we collect, we have put in place industry approved controls and mechanisms to safeguard your rights against any unauthorized access, use or leaks.
Despite our constant efforts to set and update continuously our precautionary practices with regards to personal data protection, no system is totally guaranteed, free from any proscribed access or safe from any breach.
How Long Do We Use Your Data For
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected. The retention period varies depending on certain key factors such as the nature, amount, sensitivity of data in question and the potential likelihood and repercussions of unauthorized disclosure or use.
Social Media Links
Our platform may provide for social media links to our LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts. As such sites might collect personal data of yours, we disclaim all responsibilities and liabilities arising out of their privacy practices. Your visits, access or use of social media features will be solely regulated by the relevant host.
Our course and site is hosted by Thinkific Labs Inc. (“Thinkific”). They provide us with the online course creation platform that allow us to sell our services to you.
Your data is stored through Thinkific’s data storage, databases and the general Thinkific application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
When you enroll into our courses and pay the enrollment fee through third party payment processors Paypal or Stripe. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). The financial and transactional data collected is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and its service providers.
Third Party Links and Services
When you click on links on our site or are re-directed to other sites, we are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To be able to deliver our courses to you, we may share personal data with third party service providers, only to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide us with. These third party providers have their privacy practices in respect to personal data, for which we do not hold any liability or responsibility.
Some providers are located in different jurisdictions than either you or us. If you wish to enroll into our courses and process the enrollment fee (which involves third party providers), then personal data laws of foreign jurisdictions might prove to be applicable.
International Transfers Of Data
When data is processed internationally whether for internal or external release with third parties, with whom we share data for legitimate purposes only, we strive to follow safe and reliable guidelines in accordance with standards set under applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations in place.
What Are Your Legal Rights
- Right of Access: to your personal data. You may contact us to request access to personal data we collected pursuant to this policy
- Right of Rectification: of personal data we hold about you. You may advise us about any incomplete or inaccurate data we retain
- Right of Erasure: of your personal data. You may request deletion of your personal data in our possession, provided that such request does not contravene rendition of our services or violated any of our legal obligations
You can always modify your preferences or opt-out from your subscription to our newsletter and marketing messaging service.
We May Update this Policy
How To Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated 19/05/2020